Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Maze

Yesterday, I talked about the most important item on a gravestone - the dash. The dash represents what you did during your life. The happy times, the sad times, the uncertain times, the times of triumph, the times of defeat; all of these give your life meaning. But did that meaning also influence others was the question?

Today, we are going to talk about the maze. If you ever researched a tax question in the tax code or IRS guidelines, you know what I'm talking about. One document will refer to another, that form will refer you to another, then another, then another, until you start get very irritated. Sorry, but this is intentional. The IRS guidelines are meant to be circular in nature so that you give up. It's too frustrating and irritating, so you take it to a professional tax preparer and remain ignorant of the tax code. The more you don't understand, the more likely you will concede and pay whatever they tell you to pay. Intimidation and fear is what the IRS lives by.

Life can be that way too. How many people when they get out of high school actually know what they want their life's profession will be? It just like a mouse in a giant maze, searching for that elusive piece of cheese. All you can see in front of you is high walls, corners, dead ends, and more passageways that lead to seemingly nowhere. But you know that piece of cheese is there somewhere. Somewhere - keep searching, another dead end. The one difference is, the mouse knows what he's after - the cheese. Too many times we don't know. So we continue along the passageways of life, looking, searching, turning, back pedaling, searching some more. To what end though? What is our prize?

Life becomes a meaningless pattern of the daily maze. The same rituals, the same routines. What if there was a way to climb those high walls and get out of the maze? What if there was a way to see how the whole maze is designed, so you can eliminate the dead ends? The easiest way to do this is to find a person that has gotten out of the maze and follow success. Their prize might be different than yours, but the steps out of the maze might be the same.

If someone can teach you to get out of the maze, would you like to return the favor and teach someone else? That is where you can have a very meaningful impact on someone else. That will not only reward you, but the next person, and the next person, and so on. Just as every wave in the ocean starts out small and gathers momentum, people can do the same thing.

Imagine this - a tsunami of empowerment and enlightenment for mankind. I will give you a clue as to how this might happen - turn off the TV. You won't find it there. TV is meant to be mindless entertainment. Connect with others, find out about their successes and dreams. Share ideas, thoughts, knowledge, and solutions. The whole is always greater than the sum of its parts. Humans can also be this way.

Lead the way.

1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. Psalm 23 (KJV)

If you have comments or questions, please feel free to contact me at the address below.
Email: DeltaInspire@panama-vo.com

No comments: