Wednesday, January 2, 2008

What Nail Are You On?

I've heard this story a number of times and is very pertinent, so I thought I would share it.

There was a man who was walking by a house and heard a Basset hound howl. The dog was sitting on a porch with his owner sitting there whittling a piece of wood. The dog continued to bellow, so the man walking by asked the owner, "Is that your dog?"

The response from the owner, "Yep."

The man tried a different tack. He asked, "Is there something wrong with your dog?"

The owner replied, "I suppose."

The dog howled again, a long drawn out moan. The man couldn't help himself and asked, "What is wrong with him?"

The owner looked up from his wood and then at the dog, "Well, I suppose it's the nail he's sitting on."

The man already engaged asked, "Why doesn't he move?"

The owner replied, "I suppose it doesn't hurt enough."

I think we can all relate to this. Many times there are things in our lives that we don't like, and maybe even incessantly complain about. However, the problem is that it is not painful or uncomfortable enough for us to do something about it.

The New Year is about change and starting over. What nail are you sitting on? What will it take for you to move off the nail? Unfortunately, the nail won't move. You have to.

But once he has made his decision, who can change his mind?
Whatever he wants to do, he does. Job 23:13(NLT)


If you have comments or questions, please feel free to contact me at the address below.
Email: DeltaInspire@panama-vo.com

No comments: